Office Assistant/Customer Service Representative
Posted: Aug 24, 2017
We currently have an opening for the position of Office Assistant/Customer Service Representative located at Whites Specialty Equipment – Western Canada. This position reports to the Office Manager, Whites Speciality Equipment – Western Canada.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Collection of all job related information including: job name, production type, job dates and job contacts.
- Assist with monthly split rental reports, check for accuracy and confirmation.
- Assist with and keep accurate and up to date records within the computer system and calendars.
- Perform accounting and expense reporting duties as required.
- Set up the late and expected return reports with production based on the collected information above.
- Receive equipment requests from customers (via phone / fax / email / face to face).
- Receive approval from customers for all rentals, and any associated costs.
- Procurement of any required sub-rentals, ensuring accurate revisions of pricing and costs associated with any sub-rentals to customers, confirmation to sub-rental suppliers, and obtaining all sub-rental equipment.
- Follow up and coordinate updated requests for equipment. Ensure all pricing/costs associated with any changes are approved by the customer prior to the release of equipment.
- Field any customer concerns or complaints and ensure all concerns or complaints are addressed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate customer pick-ups or deliveries.
- Arrange for any equipment exchanges (faulty gear, main package exchanges).
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records within the system and paperwork back-up.
- Ensure the return of sub-rented equipment to the appropriate sub-rental supplier.
- Processing missing and damaged reports for equipment returns, sending the reports to production for approval of payment.
- Remain updated on new equipment and technologies and there uses to aid customers.
- Other duties as required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Word, etc).
- Working knowledge of RTPro would be considered an asset, however not required.
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal and multitasking skills.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player and have a positive attitude.
Should you or anyone you know have the qualifications and are interested in this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The deadline for resume submission is 5:00pm on September 1, 2017.
Education & Training Coordinator (Internal)
Posted: Aug 18, 2017
We currently have an opening for the position of Education & Training Coordinator (Internal) located in the Vancouver Office. This is a full-time permanent position.
Reporting to the National Manager, Education & Training and the Manager, Warehouse Operations - Whites Vancouver, the Education and Training Coordinator (Internal) has a primary responsibility to one stream of focus, as outlined in the Education & Training Department mandate: internal staff training. This individual also holds a secondary responsibility by providing a support role to the other two streams of focus, as set out in the mandate: industry professionals and post-secondary/emerging filmmakers.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Front-line training and teaching of internal staff training programs, job specific and health and safety (based on the Coordinator’s expertise and knowledge). Training of staff will be a shared responsibility with Department Managers and/or Supervisors, as required. Some examples include the Lighting & Grip Training Program, Employee Mentor Program, etc.
- It is the expectation of management that the Education & Training Coordinator build their equipment knowledge base so that they may teach 75% - 90% of the Lighting & Grip Training Curriculum (job specific program) and the company’s operational procedures. A period of professional development will be facilitated by management to aid in building the Coordinator’s equipment and operational knowledge base.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate any internal staff training initiatives (workshops, seminars, events, Staff Learning Sessions, Safety Job Box, modules, first aid, working at heights, etc.) for which the Coordinator cannot directly teach.
- Writing of learning curriculums and/or lesson plans for internal staff training.
- Primary forklift trainer, both theory and practical, for WFW staff.
- Participate in and assist with workplace health and safety matters, including but may not be limited to: conduct workplace orientations and WHMIS training for new and transferred employees, provide assistance with research on provincial health and safety legislation.
- Participate as a worker representative on the Joint Health & Safety Committee and represent the interests of the Education & Training Department.
- Provide a support role to the National Manager, Education & Training with respect to coordination and facilitation of internal staff training initiatives.
- Conduct facility tours for post-secondary students and emerging filmmakers, as required.
- Regional liaison for the National Grants Program but, does not have a CSR function nor role.
- Maintain training records and the National Training Matrix, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Some physical labour required: equipment set-ups related to workshops, seminars, events, etc.
- Occasional weekend work required i.e., Third Party Training Initiatives, Staff Training Sessions (when required), etc.
- Other departmental and administrative duties as required.
- 2-3 years professional coordinator experience in any of the following: workshops / classes / on-set production / events, etc.
- 2-3 years teaching experience in any of the following areas: adult learning, public or secondary school system, corporate level, etc.
- Production experience and a familiarity with film/television production equipment and/or cameras would be considered an asset
- Strong public speaking skills
- Competence and understanding of social media websites and apps
- Works well in a team-based environment
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be able and willing to perform physical labour, includes lifting up to 40 pounds
Should you or anyone you know have the qualifications and are interested in this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The deadline for resume submission is 5:00pm on September 8, 2017.
Posted: Jul 20, 2017
Whites Vancouver is looking for individuals to join our Warehouse team! This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization servicing the thriving film and television production industry in B.C. These are full time permanent roles with competitive base salaries and full benefits coverage including a matching RRSP program.
This is the opportunity to learn from the warehouse level up. These are physically demanding entry level positions which allow you to learn the equipment and our internal processes and interact with a variety of individuals within the workplace. No prior experience is required; we are looking for enthusiastic, reliable and flexible people to build our future around.
If you or anyone you know are interested in this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.